Films & Other Videos
Films with: Greaves, William
- Cinéma vérité defining the moment /
- "The cinéma vérité (or direct cinema) movement of the '50s and '60s was driven by a group of rebel filmmakers tired of stilted documentaries. They wanted to show life as it really is: raw, gritty, dramatic. Rich in excerpts from vérité classics ... this is the first film to capture all the excitement of a revolution that changed movie-making forever"--Container. Includes commentary by filmmakers, and explores vérité's influence in everything from TV news to music videos to Webcams.
- DVD 3959
- Ida B. Wells a passion for justice /
- Chronicles the life of Ida B. Wells, an early Afro-American journalist and activist who protested lynchings, the treatment of Afro-American soldiers, and other forms of racism and injustice toward black Americans around the turn of the century. Her involvement in the women's suffrage movement is also described.
- DVD 12011
- Ralph Bunche the odyssey continues-- /
- Examines the life and legacy of the international statesman, U.N. peacemaker, African American scholar, and civil rights activist, Ralph Bunche. The events he was involved in encompass such issues as conflict resolution, peacekeeping, race relations, human rights, the United Nations, and national self-determination.
- DVD 4094