Films & Other Videos
Films with: Gossett, Louis
- Boardwalk empire.
- Atlantic City, February 1924: Picking up 8 months after the events of Season 3, Nucky Thompson is laying low at the end of the Boardwalk after barely surviving an overthrow by gangster Gyp Rosetti. But the calm will be short-lived, as Nucky faces new challenges, including a clash with a violent Harlem power broker, a battle with his brother Eli over Eli's college-age son, and the irresistible lure of lucrative- and perilous- opportunities in Florida.
- DVD 12339
- Book of negroes
- A universal story of loss, courage and triumph, this recounts the extraordinary journey of Aminata Diallo, an indomitable African woman who survives in a world in which everything seems to be against her. Kidnapped by slave traders in West Africa then sold into slavery in South Carolina, Aminata navigates her way through the American Revolution in New York, the isolated refuge of Nova Scotia, and the treacherous jungles of Sierra Leone, before finally securing her freedom in England.
- DVD 10928
- Lackawanna blues
- In a story fueled by rhythm and blues, a young boy's life is shaped by love and the stories of a cast of characters in the boarding house where he lives. Based on Ruben Santiago-Hudson's autobiographical play about his relationship with his guardian Rachel Crosby, set in 1950's and 1960's Lackawanna, New York. After the separation of his parents, young Ruben, a part-black, part-Hispanic child, is sent to live in a small-scale boarding house run by the kind-hearted "Nanny" Crosby and her younger husband Bill.
- DVD 7427
- Maya Angelou And Still I Rise /
- "Poet, storyteller, actress, dancer, and passionate activist Maya Angelou gave people the freedom to think about their history in a way they never had before. Hers was a prolific life in which she inspired generations with lyrical modern African-American thought that pushed boundaries. This unprecedented film celebrates Dr. Angelou by weaving her words with rare and intimate archival photographs and videos that show her impact on the world. From her upbringing in the Depression-era South to her work with Malcolm X in Ghana to her inaugural speech for President Bill Clinton, the film takes us on an incredible journey through the life of a true American icon"--From container.
- DVD 11946
- Travels with my aunt
- 'They're killing him bit by bit!' Flamboyant, flame-haired 70-plus Augusta Bertram has opened a package containing a finger that recently belonged to her years-ago lover. The victim's kidnappers continue mailing expendable body parts, and Augusta enlists the aid of her stuffy nephew in a mad to-the-rescue adventure across Europe in pursuit of $100,000 in ransom money. The scramble to save a life just might also liberate the nephew's life-starved soul.
- DVD 12130