Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ginsberg, Allen
- Before Stonewall the making of a gay and lesbian community /
- Traces the social, political and cultural history of homosexuality in America from the 1920s to 1969; the beginning of the Gay Liberation Movement after a police raid on Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City; and the three-day riot that followed.
- DVD 5798
- Crazy wisdom the life and time of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche /
- Explores the arrival of Tibetan Buddhism in America through the story of Chogyam Trungpa, who landed in the U.S. in 1970. Trungpa became renowned for translating ancient Buddhist concepts into language and ideas that Westerners could understand and shattered preconceived notions about how an enlightened teacher should behave. Initially rejected, his teachings are now recognized by western philosophers and spiritual leaders as authentic and profound.
- DVD 13101
- Jack Kerouac.
- Kerouac's life is examined through fascinating rare documentary footage and revealing interviews with some of Kerouac's most famous contemporaries and friends. Beginning with his Catholic boyhood, through his development as one of the most important modern American authors, to his self-destructive demise at the age of 49, 'Jack Kerouac: King of the Beats' is both an accurately detailed documentary and a moving drama.
- DVD 9983
- No direction home Bob Dylan /
- Traces Bob Dylan's journey from his roots in Minnesota, to his early days in Greenwich Village, to his tumultuous ascent to pop stardom in 1966. Joan Baez, Allan Ginzberg, Maria Muldaur, Pete Seeger, Liam Clancy, Mavis Staples and others share their thoughts and feelings about the young singer who would change popular music forever. Contains extensive archival footage, some never-before-seen and rare concert performances.
- DVD 4150
- Poetry in motion
- A performance film of contemporary poets which celebrates poetry's ancient oral tradition. Here twenty-four leading North American poets sing, chant and read from their own works.
- DVD 2211
- What happened to Kerouac?
- Investigates the personal history and creative process of Jack Kerouac, father of the Beat Generation, author of "On the road", and a pivotal figure of the fifties countercultural revolution. Shows what happened when fame and notoriety were thrust upon an essentially reticent man.
- DVD 7160