Films & Other Videos
Films with: Gillespie, Dizzy
- Art & jazz in animation The cosmic eye : the films of John & Faith Hubley /
- Animated films featuring jazz musicians made by Faith & John Hubley.
- DVD 1379
- Great day in Harlem
- A great day in Harlem tells the story of Art Kane's famous 1958 group photograph of the jazz greats of the period. Includes home movie footage of that day of the musicians arriving and greeting each other the morning of the shoot. Also includes conversations with musicians and archival performance footage.
- DVD 4631
- Jazz icons.
- "Jazz Icons is an ongoing DVD series featuring full-length concerts and in-studio performances by the greatest legends of jazz, filmed all over the world from the 1950s through the 1970s"--Container of Chet Baker disc.
- DVD 5680
- Johnny Griffin live in France 1971 /
- "Johnny Griffin was a soulful, inventive tenor saxophone virtuoso with a magnificent tone and the ability to navigate the fastest tunes and the most sophisticated chord changes with seemingly effortless precision. This DVD features two 1971 French concerts with Griff's quartet featuring drummer Art Taylor and guest artist Dizzy Gillespie on ... [two tracks]."--Container.
- DVD 9021
- Modern Jazz Quartet, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra Dizzy Gillespie Quintet, Julian "Cannonball" Adderley Quintet, Muggsy Spanie
- DVD showcasing the talents of the most important bands of the twentieth century on live American TV programs from the 1960s.
- DVD 8512