Films & Other Videos
Films with: Genet, Jean
- American film theatre.
- Collection of five film adaptations of contemporary 20th century plays produced by the American Film Theatre from 1973-1975.
- DVD 1631
- In a brothel of illusion the customers take over real power during a revolution. Madame Irma (Shelley Winters) runs the 'house of illusion' where ordinary people play out their dreams. Outside, a real revolution is in progress. For the Police Chief (Peter Falk), the brothel is the rallying point from which he can suppress the revolution. Roger (Leonard Nimoy), leader of the revolution, seeks refuge in the brothel, where he poses as his opponent, the Chief of Police.
- DVD 1423
- A sleepy farm village in the south of France is the unlikely setting for this study of perversion and evil. A malicious, frustrated schoolteacher's suppressed sexual desire leads her to commit develish acts of destruction. The earthy, virile woodcutter awakens her illicit passions.
- DVD 3912
- Part horror film, part drama, part exposé, with an offbeat morality Poison examines the motives behind a seven-year-old boy's murder of his father, relates the story of a scientist who isolates the sex drive in liquid form, and graphically explores the sexually obsessive relationship between two prison inmates.
- DVD 2165
- Queer as film
- Collection of four gay erotic films. Un chant d'amour is an exploration of lust and desire among prisoners in solitary confinement and their warden. Lot in Sodom is a trip to the Old Testament city before its destruction. In Yes! a young man hiking through the woods has an erotic encounter at a fountain. 24 boys per second is a montage of gay erotic images.
- DVD 4578
- The story of a proud and tough sailor named Querelle involved in drug-smuggling and homosexual adventures.
- DVD 3476