Films & Other Videos
Films with: Gavin, Barrie
- Billy Budd an opera /
- Dramatizes the moral dilemma of Captain Vere when, in accordance with Admiralty regulations, he must demand the court martial to sentence to death by hanging the innocent seaman who was provoked to strike and kill the villanous master-at-arms.
- DVD 2823
- Christoph von Dohnányi in rehearsal
- Christoph von Dohnányi prepares London's Philharmonia Orchestra for a performance of Symphony no. 88 in G major by Joseph Haydn. Dohnányi discusses his approach to rehearsals, and his thoughts on communicating with an orchestra. He also explores the inexplicable chemistry that plays an essential part in the relationship between the conductor and his or her musicians.
- DVD 9165
- Fairy queen
- "The tale is a joyful fusion of music, dance and comedy which brings alive the splendour of the Baroque for a modern audience."--Container.
- DVD 2650
- Korngold between two worlds ; a portrait and concert.
- A child prodigy in Habsburg Vienna, Korngold was a musical sensation in Europe during the 1920's. Later, stranded in America by the rise of fascism, he found new fame as the inventor of the lush Hollywood film score. Clips from films such as the Errol Flynn swashbuckers Robin Hood and The Sea Hawk are included. The videodisc includes a concert featuring a selection of Korngold's concertos for cello and violin and extracts from his early piano works.
- DVD 3170