Films & Other Videos
- A documentary produced in Cuba celebrating the life and political career of Fidel Castro through archival footage, interviews with Castro and commentary by family, associates, former guerrilla fighters, politicians and historians. Castro is seen swimming with bodyguards in the ocean, visiting his childhood home and school, joking with his friend Nelson Mandela, meeting with Elian Gonzalez, and celebrating his birthday with the Buena Vista Social Club.
- DVD 4664
- Gabriel García Márquez the witch writing /
- The life of Nobel Laureate Gabriel García Márquez is illuminated via autobiographical statements, readings from his works, and scenes of Colombia.
- DVD 9211
- Love in the time of cholera
- Florentino is a poetry-writing telegraph operator who lives in a Central American city. He spots the graceful Fermina while making his rounds, and finds himself in love. While Florentino's mother encourages the courtship, Fermina's father absolutely forbids it. Years pass, and the well-born Dr. Urbino treats Fermina for a case of cholera. When Urbino proposes, Fermina accepts. A distraught Florentino decides to wait. With the help of his uncle, he amasses wealth of his own. All the while, he drifts from woman to woman, never really finding what he is looking for in a woman. After five decades of waiting, he gets a second chance to win Fermina's heart.
- DVD 5482