Films & Other Videos
Films with: Fukasaku, Kinji
- Batoru rowaiaru Battle Royale /
- At dawn of the new millennium, Japan is in a state of near-collapse. With school children boycotting their lessons and physically abusing their teachers, a beleaguered and near-defeated government decides to introduce a radical new measure; the battle royale act. A group of 9th graders, led by their teacher, are hijacked to fight the Battle Royale. It only allows one survivor among them at the end of the battle. As the brutal game begins, terror and panic challenge the students' fragile trust in each other. Some suspect everyone, blindly striking down those who cross their paths. Others form alliances, dreaming of a peaceful solution with multiple survivors ...
- DVD 4164
- Batoru rowaiaru II Battle royale II = Chinkonka rekuiemu = Survival program BR II /
- The survivors of the Battle royale, form a terrorist group, to take revenge for being used so brutally by the adults. A groups of students are trained and sent to kill them.
- DVD 4165
- Battle royale Batoru rowaiaru /
- Sometime in the near future, near anarchy has broken out in Japan. The government responds by passing the Battle Royale Act, a piece of legislation mandating that a group of young people - and only young people - are forcibly marooned together on an island, and forced to kill each other until one survivor is left. If more than one is still alive after three days, every survivor will be killed. The film follows a class of 14-year-olds who believe they're on a school trip, when they are drugged. They wake up, in a derelict building on a deserted island; they're each given enough provisions for three days, a weapon, and the ultimatum. This version contains eight minutes of additional material not included in the theatrical release.
- DVD 5142
- Tora! Tora! Tora!
- A dramatization which chronicles the bombing of Pearl Harbor from both the Japanese and American points of view.
- DVD 569