Films & Other Videos
Films with: Franklin, Sidney A.
- Captured on film the true story of Marion Davies /
- Blonde, beautiful and talented, Marion Davies was the first and funniest of the screwball comediennes. She combined zany slapstick with exuberant mimicry. This combines archival film clips with interviews and rare home movies to explore her life and work.
- DVD 3442
- Good earth
- A young farmer named Wang Lung marries a selfless, loyal slave girl, O-Lan. Wang is initially devoted to the land and rises to prosperity. Later, however, Wang deserts the land and takes a second wife and tragedy threatens to overwhelm him. Eventually Wang realizes that the land and O-Lan mean more to him than his wealth.
- DVD 8829
- Heart o' the hills
- A story about a wild and independent Kentucky mountain girl who saves her mother's land from land sharks, rides with a group of night riders, avenges the murder of her father, and eventually marries her mountaineer sweetheart.
- DVD 3552
- Miniver story
- This sequel to the hit Mrs. Miniver continues with the story of the family's determination to survive the war and rebuild their shattered lives. World War II has finally ended and England slowly limps back to normal as men come home from the front and families start to reconstruct their lives.
- DVD 10066
- Mrs. Miniver
- "This story of an average English middle-class family begins with the summer of 1939; when the sun shone down on a happy, careless people, who worked and played, reared their children and tended their gardens in that happy, easy-going England that was so soon to be fighting desperately for her way of life and for life itself." -- Title screens. [The film] dramatizes the effect of the Second World War on the English at home. Mrs. Kay Miniver's tranquil domestic existence is torn to shreds by the winds of war: her husband, Clem, disappears on a secret volunteer mission; eldest son, Vin, joins the RAF; and the village faces regular German bombings with a typically British stiff-upper-lip. Embodying understated British courage in the face of danger, Mrs. Miniver's mission is to stay alive, and keep her family together with hope, strength, and dignity.
- DVD 10069