Films & Other Videos
Films with: Curtis-Hall, Vondie
- Eve's bayou
- Roz Batiste is a beautiful and dedicated mother of three, who is forced to admit that her family is falling apart due to her philandering husband Louis. Her younger daughter, Eve, witnesses one of her father's infidelities. Struggling to make sense of what she has seen, Eve turns to her older sister Cisely, who dismisses her in fear of the truth, and then to her Aunt Mozelle, a known psychic and rumored black widow. Unable to find the understanding she is looking for Eve decides to take matters into her own hands. For the Batiste family, the ties that bind may not be strong enough to keep them together, and what they learn will change their lives forever.
- DVD 191
- Based on the thrilling and inspirational life of an iconic American freedom fighter, the movie tells the extraordinary tale of Harriet Tubman's escape from slavery and transformation into one of America's greatest heroes. Her courage, ingenuity, and tenacity freed hundreds of slaves and changed the course of history.
- DVD 13311
- 1950, rural Alabama. It's a make-or-break weekend for the Honeydripper Lounge and its owner Tyrone "Pine Top" Purvis. Deep in debt, Tyrone is desperate to lure the young cotton pickers and local Army base recruits into his juke joint and away from the rival club across the way. He lays off his regular talent and hires the famous electric guitar player, Guitar Sam, for a one night only gig. When the train arrives, Guitar Sam is no where to be found. Tyrone makes a deal with the sheriff to release Sonny, a kid who hopped off a freight car and turned up at the club. Tyrone cleans Sonny up and launches a last ditch scheme to pass off the young guitar picker as Guitar Sam. When Sonny takes the stage and launches into his first scalding electric licks, Tyrone will learn if its lights out for the Honeydripper or if his luck has changed.
- DVD 5693
- Mambo kings
- Musician brothers, Cesar and Nestor, leave Cuba for America in the 1950s, with the hopes of making it to the top of the Latin music scene. Cesar is the older brother who serves as the business manager and is a consumate ladies' man. Nestor is the brooding songwriter, who cannot forget the woman in Cuba who broke his heart. This is an unrated version of the film, with one restored scene.
- DVD 13360
- Passion fish
- A handicapped ex-soap opera star and her nurse explore the murkier aspects of men, romance, and family in the Louisiana bayou.
- DVD 1245