Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cummings, Constance
- Long day's journey into night
- Depicts a day in the life of a family deteriorating from alcoholism, drug addiction, and imminent death. Aging actor James Tyrone has abandoned all hope of being a great performer and has settled for being a hack. His bitter wife, Mary, has slipped into morphine addiction, while his eldest son, Jamie, is a drunk. Jamie is envious of the writing talent of his sickly younger brother, Edmund. These four haunted lives are about to clash.
- DVD 8978
- Mae West the glamour collection /
- Mae West had an inexhaustibly playful interest in language, and a rare, sometimes perplexing, and even lofty wit, spiced by low-down slang. Well before the second wave of feminism, she wrote all her own material, insisted on total control of her work, and was wildly popular for a short time, right before the Production Code lowered the boom on adult attitudes being expressed in films. She made only 12 movies, but three are first-rate, and these were enough to seal her fame and launch a legend. In her first film appearance, "Night after night," a successful ex-boxer buys a high-class speakeasy and falls for a rich society girl. As the bold Tira in "I'm no angel," she works as a dancing beauty and lion tamer at a fair. For "Goin' to town," West goes Western. Cleo Borden is a former dance hall queen who has become newly rich. She falls for--and pursues--an upper crust Englishman. This is followed by "Go west young man," where she plays Mavis Arden, a movie star stranded in the country. To stifle her boredom, she trifles with a young man's affections. "My little chickadee" pairs West with a legend of similar stature, W.C. Fields. As Flower Belle Lee, she is rightly suspected of illicit relations with the Masked Bandit, and run out of Little Bend. Surprisingly, things change very little when she arrives in Greasewood City to start over.
- DVD 10543
- Noel Coward's Blithe spirit
- A cynical, self-absorbed novelist sets out to expose a fake medium and ends up with the amorous ghost of his first wife on his hands.
- DVD 953