Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cronkite, Walter
- Color line on campus
- For most U.S. colleges today, racial diversity is a goal -- but almost nine years after the Brown decision, it was quite another story. This 1963 program features interviews with James Meredith and other African-American students who broke ground and tradition at universities in the South. Faced with attitudes ranging from passive tolerance to violent rejection, each had achieved enrollment, but not acceptance.
- DVD 9203
- Edward R. Murrow collection
- Hosted by Mike Wallace, Walter Cronkite, and Dan Rather, this 4-pack set explores the life and groundbreaking work of Edward R. Murrow, America's most esteemed broadcast journalist.
- DVD 4181
- Mr. Conservative Goldwater on Goldwater /
- Follows Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater's tumultuous election year, as well as other years in a career that encompassed numerous political and ideological triumphs. Though he never achieved the ultimate prize, the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980 vindicated the conservative agenda Goldwater had long championed. Ironically, in later years, Goldwater's support of issues like abortion and gay rights were diametrically opposed to those of the "new conservative" leadership, underscoring both the distance the country has traveled in the last 40 years, as well as the dogged independence Goldwater embodied up to his death in 1998.
- DVD 6592
- Outfoxed Rupert Murdoch's war on journalism /
- Examines Rupert Murdoch's Fox News media empire and the dangers inherent in large corporations controlling the public's right to know. Includes interviews with former Fox News employees and media experts. Also includes many clips from Fox News broadcasts. Examines how the FCC helped Murdoch break the rules to establish a fourth network in the United States.
- DVD 3097