Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cohn, Peter
- Domestic violence and health care best practices in action /
- Domestic Violence and Health Care offers an inside look at the best practices at highly regarded Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD. We follow doctors and nurses in the ER, the mother-baby unit, pre-op and other departments. They share candid observations about domestic violence prevention in medicine and offer specific, practical suggestions. We also speak with Colleen Moore, Coordinator of Mercy's family violence program, and go with her around the hospital and into the community. The video also offers a look into Mercy's Sexual Assault Forensic Examination program, and the SAFE unit's pioneering effort to bring forensic examination techniques into domestic violence cases, including coordinating with the police department. Produced by an award-winning team of documentary film makers, the video is cinematic, fast paced and engaging.
- DVD 9118
- Story of a small group of people who meet to share coffee and laughs along with their stories of recovery.
- DVD 1946
- Golden venture
- "In June, 1993, the Golden Venture, a freighter carrying 300 undocumented Chinese passengers, ran aground off New York. The deaths and deportations that followed became a crucial turning point, ushering in a new, repressive era that has led America (once a beacon of liberty) to tighten its borders." -- Container.
- DVD 5173
- Holy land a year in the West Bank /
- A documentary about a dramatic year in the West Bank, offering a comprehensive look at politics and society in what may be the most contested place on earth.
- DVD 11240
- Power and control domestic violence in America /
- A dramatic and timely exploration of domestic abuse, which examines the persistence of violence against women in the US, through the story of Kim, a mother of three in Duluth, MN. Duluth was the birthplace of a revolution in the way society approaches battering, and the film tells the story of the leaders from Duluth who remain on the front lines today. The film also looks at the debate launched by researchers and academics who have challenged the Duluth approach. Recommended for courses in sociology, social work, women's studies, political science, law enforcement and laws.
- DVD 7920