Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cocks, Jay
- Age of innocence
- "A ravishing romance about three wealthy New Yorkers caught in a tragic love triangle, the ironically-titled story chronicles the grandeur and hypocrisy of high society in the 1870's"--Container.
- DVD 1851
- A musical portrait of American composer Cole Porter. The film imagines Porter looking back on his life as a stage show, with past memories taking shape as numbers in an elaborate and elegant musical accompanied by his songs. His personal history is illustrated by these performances, especially the complicated relationship with his wife, wealthy socialite Linda Lee Porter, who is shown as being the main inspiration for his work despite his extramarital affairs.
- DVD 8338
- Gangs of New York
- In 1846, waves of Irish immigrants poured into the New York neighborhood of Five Points. "Billy the Butcher" bands his fellow "Native Americans" into a gang to take on the Irish gang "The Dead Rabbits," organized by Priest Vallon. After an bloody clash Vallon is dead and his son ends up in a brutal reform school. In 1862, that boy returns to seek vengeance against the man that killed his father.
- DVD 1799
- Two Catholic missionaries face the ultimate test of faith when they travel to Japan looking for their missing mentor, at a time when Catholicism was outlawed.
- DVD 12155
- Strange days
- A thriller set in the urban inferno of 1999 Los Angeles. Lenny Nero sells dreams and hustles nightmares available on small disks that are viewable via a compact headpiece that makes every sensation immediate. Nero replays scenes of happier days with Faith Justin, who has run off with sadistic Philo Gant. As he attempts to win Faith back, he hooks up with an old friend, Lornette "Mace" Mason, and the two of them are caught in a deadly fantasy of conspiracy, murder and betrayal.
- DVD 1251