Films & Other Videos
Films with: Christopher, Frank
- Flowers in the desert
- Cirque du Soleil: Flowers in the Desert explores a garden of exotic flowers growing in the Nevada desert. Flowers open to reveal rich, imaginative worlds within, and as we enter one of these worlds, a Cirque show begins. This transformation provides our entry into and exit from the different worlds created by Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas. Behind the scenes interviews and backstage footage allow the viewers to explore the creative process behind the performances. Since 1993, Cirque du Soleil has produced seven original, permanent shows in Las Vegas, creating a garden of delights that has transformed entertainment in this desert oasis. This DVD presents mesmerizing performances, recorded in high definition, of Mystère, O, KA, Love and their latest production, Viva ELVIS, as well as sneak peeks of Zumanity and Criss Angel Believe. DVD extras include bonus scenes from KA, O and Mystere.
- DVD 10552
- Nat Turner a troublesome property /
- Evaluates the authenticity of the earliest source, "The Confessions of Nat Turner", assembled by a white Virginia lawyer from jailhouse interviews. It then follows the controversy over the Nat Turner story played out through history. Alvin Poussaint and Ossie Davis recall how Nat Turner became a hero in the Black community. Religious scholar Vincent Harding and legal scholar Martha Minow reflect on America's attitudes toward terrorism. One of the most bitter race battles of the 1960s is reexamined, when William Styron published his novel, The Confessions of Nat Turner.
- DVD 8994
- Remaking American medicine health care for the 21st century /
- Examines critical health care issues facing America today, including patient safety, medical and medication errors, hospital-acquired infections, family-centered care and the effective management of chronic disease. The program focuses on the advances being made in improving the quality of patient care and features profiles of providers and patients who are working together to change the way health care is provided in the United States.
- DVD 4782