Films & Other Videos
Films with: Chermayeff, Maro
- Half the sky
- Take an unforgettable journey with six actress/advocates and New York Times journalist [Nicholas] Kristof to meet some of the most courageous individuals of our time, who are doing extraordinary work to empower women and girls everywhere. These are stories of heartbreaking challenge, dramatic transformation and enduring hope.
- DVD 9464
- Marina Abramović : the artist is present /
- Seductive, fearless, and outrageous, Serbian performance artist Marina Abramovic has been redefining art for nearly forty years. Using her body as a vehicle, she creates performances that challenge, shock, and move us. This is a mesmerizing journey into the world of radical performance and an intimate portrait of an astonishingly magnetic, endlessly intriguing woman who draws no distinction between life and art.
- DVD 9241
- Path appears
- "A unique and essential 4.5-hour documentary series addressing the roots of gender inequality, the devastating impact of poverty and the ripple effects that follow, including: sex trafficking, teen-pregnancy, gender-based violence, child slavery and the effective solutions being forged to combat them. An edge-of-your-seat dramatic encounter which travels across the United States and to Haiti, Colombia and Kenya."--Container.
- DVD 10922
- Soundbreaking stories from the cutting edge of recorded music /
- Music has been a constant in human history, an intermingling of voice and instrument that for all its local variation and increasing sophistication nevertheless endured in more or less the same form for centuries. Then came recording--and music was forever transformed. Soundbreaking, an eight-part event television series, traces this ongoing sonic revolution, and explores the nexus of cutting-edge technology and human artistry that has created the soundtrack of our lives. Featuring more than 160 original interviews with some of the most celebrated recording artists, producers, and music industry pioneers of all time, Soundbreaking charts a century's worth of innovation and experimentation, and offers a behind-the-scenes look at the birth of brand new sounds. From the Beatles' groundbreaking use of multi-track technology to the synthesized stylings of Stevie Wonder, from disco-era drum machines to the modern art of sampling, the series highlights the dynamic tension between the artificial and the natural--between the man-made and the god-given--and explores the way in which that tension has continuously redefined not only what we listen to and how we listen to it, but our very sense of what music is and can be. In the end, Soundbreaking makes us hear the songs we love in a whole new way, and illuminates the sonic alchemy by which the music we listen to becomes a fundamental part of who we are.
- DVD 12132