Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cheney, Ian
- Big river a King Corn companion ; King Corn /
- King Corn tells the story of two college friends from Boston, Ian Cheney and Curt Ellis, who move to Iowa to plant an acre of corn and follow their harvest into the food system. In Big River, they investigate the environmental impact their acre of corn has had on the people and places downstream.
- DVD 7759
- City dark
- "The City Dark chronicles the disappearance of darkness. The film follows filmmaker (and amateur astronomer) Ian Cheney who moves to New York City from Maine and discovers an urban sky almost completely devoid of stars. He poses a deceptively simple question, 'What do we lose, when we lose the night?"--Container.
- DVD 8780
- Greening of Southie
- "The story of [The Macallen Building,] Boston's first LEED certified residential 'green' building, and the people that made it possible"--Container.
- DVD 9722
- King corn
- "Ian Cheney and Curt Ellis, best friends from college on the east coast, move to the heartland to learn where their food comes from. With the help of friendly neighbors, genetically modified seeds, and powerful herbicides, they plant and grow a bumper crop of America's most-productive, most-subsidized grain on one acre of Iowa soil. But when they try to follow their pile of corn into the food system, what they find raises troubling questions about how we eat, and how we farm"--Container.
- DVD 5377
- Truck farm
- "Truck Farm tells the story of a quirky urban farmers. Using green roof technology and heirloom seeds, filmmaker Ian Cheney plants a vegetable garden on the only land he's got: his Granddad's old pickup. Once the mobile garden begins to sprout, viewers are trucked across New York to see the city's funkiest urban farms, and to find out if ameria's largest city can learn to feed itself." -- Container.
- DVD 8451