Films & Other Videos
Films with: Chediak, Enrique
- Cesar Chavez
- The story of the famed civil rights leader and labor organizer torn between his duties as a husband and father and his commitment to securing a living wage for farm workers. Chavez embraced non-violence as he battled greed and prejudice in his struggle to bring dignity to people. He inspired millions of Americans who never worked on a farm to fight for social justice. His triumphant journey is a remarkable testament to the power of one individual's ability to change the world.
- DVD 13363
- Deepwater horizon
- For the one hundred and twenty-six people aboard the Deepwater Horizon offshore oil rig, April 20, 2010, began like any normal day. Before day's end, the world would bear witness to one of the greatest man-made disasters in U.S. history. It reveals the brave acts of the men and women who rose to the challenge and risked everything to lead others to safety.
- DVD 12053
- Good girl
- Thirty-year old Justine longs for a life more fulfilling than the one she leads with her boring husband and the dead-end job she has. But when a passionate young co-worker catches her eye and steals her heart, Justine's good girl existence takes a turn for the worse.
- DVD 1776
- Maze runner
- When Thomas wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mysterious organization known as W.C.K.D. Only by piecing together fragments of his past with clues he discovers in the maze can Thomas hope to uncover his true purpose and a way to escape.
- DVD 10977
- When musicologist Doctor Lily Penleric is passed over, again, for a prominent teaching position, she decides to leave the city to visit her sister in the rugged mountains of Appalachia. While there, Lily, discovers a well spring of emotional "love songs" (ballads) that have been passed down through generations from the original Irish and Scottish immigrants who have settled in the area. Determined to document the history of the songs, and the recording of them as well, she is profoundly changed by the generosity, strength and freedom of the fiercely proud mountain people.
- DVD 1185
- A Latino boxer must navigate the path between his newfound fame, with all its seductive trappings, and his humble yet proud roots growing up on the hard, mean streets of Jackson Heights, Queens. Surrounded by his childhood friends and an old-school trainer, Lex Vargas endures a devastating personal loss before turning professional, eventually signing with a high-profile promoter. Ultimately his fame and fortune threatens to undermine the longtime bonds he shares with his buddies from the old neighborhood.
- DVD 3199