Films & Other Videos
Films with: Champetier, Caroline
- Gardiennes The Guardians /
- An affecting human drama of love, loss, and strength unfolds against the backdrop of World War I. The women of the Paridier farm, under the deft hand of Hortense, the family's matriarch, must grapple with the workload while the men are off at the front. New tools allow the women to triumph over the land, newfound independence is acquired, yet emotions are stirred, especially when the men return.
- DVD 12817
- Holy motors
- Monsieur Oscar, a mysterious, shadowy character, spends a day traveling through Paris in a limousine driven by his loyal chauffeur, Celine. During his travel, he journeys from one life to the next, taking on the appearances of a wide variety of characters, including a captain of industry, an assassin, a beggar, a monster, a reptilian sex god, a melancholy father, and a dying old man.
- DVD 9937
- Warsaw, December 1945: the Second World War is finally over and Mathilde is treating the last of the French survivors of the German camps. When a panicked Benedictine nun appears at the clinic one night begging Mathilde to follow her back to the convent, what she finds there is shocking: a holy sister about to give birth and several more in advanced stages of pregnancy.
- DVD 12085
- Over a decade in the making, this monumental investigation of the unthinkable: the murder of more than six million Jews by the Nazis. Using no archival footage, Claude Lanzmann instead focuses on first-person testimonies (of survivors and former Nazis, and other witnesses), employing a circular, free-associative method in assembling them. The intellectual yet emotionally overwhelming Shoah is not a film about excavating the past but an intensive portrait in which the past is always present.
- DVD 11957
- Soigne ta droite Keep your right up! /
- "The Idiot" (also known as "The Prince") has been guaranteed financing for a film, but only if he can deliver it within 24 hours. He encounters all sorts of hilarious problems as he attempts to do so. Meanwhile, a pop group works on a new album.
- DVD 3116