Films & Other Videos
Films with: Casarès, Maria
- Chartreuse de Parme the charterhouse of Parme /
- Fabrice is a young archbishop who gives his heart and soul to romance rather than the Church, creating complications for everyone involved. The Countess of Sangeverine is but one of many who love Fabrice. From his prison window, Fabrice falls in love with the jailers daughter who takes a vow to the Virgin Mary never to see him again, even if his daring escape succeeds.
- DVD 2469
- Dames du Bois de Boulogne Ladies of the Bois de Boulogne /
- "Realizing that her lover (Jean) is losing interest in her, a society lady (Helene) gets revenge by tricking him into marrying a former prostitute (Agnes). After the wedding Helene tells a stunned Jean about his wife's secret past, but the ending has more than one surprise twist."
- DVD 2403
- Jean Cocteau turns the Orpheus legend into a story of a poet and his encounter with death and the middle world.
- DVD 1133
- Testament d'Orpheé, ou, Ne me demandez pas pourquoi Testament of Orpheus, or, Do not ask me why /
- In his last film Cocteau portrays an 18th century poet who travels through time on a quest for divine wisdom. In a mysterious wasteland, he meets several symbolic phantoms that bring about his death and resurrection. The film finished the circle of the journey begun in Blood of a Poet, exploring the torturous relationship between the artist and his creations.
- DVD 1134