Films & Other Videos
Films with: Carné, Marcel
- Drôle de drame
- A quiet botanist is the secret author of a popular crime novel. His peaceful existence is threatened when a crazed fan vows to kill the author of "The model crime." The convoluted plot involves a group of Victorian Englishmen who get so enmeshed in lies and disguises, murders and supposed murders, intrigues and romances, that Scotland Yard and the participants themselves are confused.
- DVD 2349
- Enfants du paradis Children of paradise /
- Drama about the theater and the individuals that made the stage their life. Includes the love story of four men for one woman.
- DVD 1603
- Hôtel du Nord d'après le roman de Eugène Dabit.
- Drama involving a failed suicide pact, imprisonment, and gangsters centered around the Hôtel du Nord in Paris.
- DVD 4632
- Portes de la nuit
- Records the events of a single night in a dingy section of northern Paris in 1945, portraying the malaise of a city recovering from the German occupation. Tells the stories of a street musician, an informer, and a member of French underground who has been having an affair with a wealthy married woman.
- DVD 13286
- Quai des brumes Port of shadows /
- Down a foggy, desolate road to the port city of Le Havre travels Jean, an army deserter looking for another chance to make good in life. Fate, however, has a different plan for him, as both acts of revenge and kindness render him front-page news. Portrays an underworld of lonely souls wrestling with their own destinies.
- DVD 3197