Films & Other Videos
Films with: Carmet, Jean
- Black and white in color
- An irrepressible and timely satire on racism, colonialism, and war. Set in the Ivory Coast during the First World War, a group of French colonials learn that their country is at war with Germany. Spurred on by a capricious moment of patriotism, the Frenchmen decide to attack their German neighbors who reside in a colony up the river.
- DVD 1919
- Buffet froid
- A farcical thriller features Gerard Depardieu as an unemployed drifter obsessed with murder and death.
- DVD 1029
- Grateful for a respite from his imploding marriage, Hamburg newspaperman Georg arrives in civil war torn Beirut to chronicle the bloody Lebanese war. Inside a shell-pitted hotel, Georg and colleague Hoffman, join a cynical international coterie of competitive fellow journalists. Outside, they take their lives in their own hands, dodging bullets and conducting interviews that are always just a trigger pull away from becoming executions.
- DVD 5503
- Sorceress le moine et la sorcière /
- A drama set in 13th century France revolving around Étienne de Bourbon, a Dominican friar sent by the pope to seek out heretics and a forest woman who performs ancient healing rituals. An historically accurate dramatization of the conflict between ancient customs and religious dogma.
- DVD 6996
- Violette Nozier
- "The daughter of a respectable middle-class couple, Violette Nozière leads a disreputable double life. Far from being the innocent young girl her parents mistake her for, she spends her nights with dissolute young men in the Latin Quarter of Paris. To acquire money for her latest lover, Violette resolves to commit and unthinkable crime."--Container.
- DVD 6236