Films & Other Videos
Films with: Calder, David
- Dr. Eleanor Bramwell is the public health heroine of 1890s London, and David Calder is her society doctor dad, Dr. Robert Bramwell. Feisty and unconventional, Eleanor's desire to take the medical profession out of the dark ages often draws her into conflict with the medical establishment, her colleagues and friends. In this season, Eleanor continues her volatile love affair with the charismatic Dr. Finn O'Neill, now a widely acclaimed figure in the world of medicine, and faces the challenge of keeping the Thrift operating when her father threatens to withdraw his support and Dr. Marsham is tempted by a better paying job in Scotland.
- DVD 9850
- Bramwell follows the fortunes of Dr. Eleanor Bramwell in her pursuit of public health and private amours in Victorian-era London. Feisty and unconventional, her sights are set on becoming a leading surgeon, an ambition unheard of for women in Victorian society.
- DVD 9851
- Television series that follows the fortunes of public health heroine Dr. Eleanor Bramwell as she takes on the medical establishment in Victorian-era London. In the second season, Eleanor finds her private practice failing and faces tough choices ahead in her encounters with a case of spousal abuse, pre-teen prostitution, an outbreak of cholera, and a mysterious aunt with a secret to hide. Along the way, she falls in love with her handsome and charismatic new partner at work, Dr. Finn O'Neill.
- DVD 9853
- Dogme 4.
- Follows the trials and tribulations of a busload of tourists who get stranded in an abandoned mining town in the middle of the African desert. After a fine bout of partying, they fall prey to the heat, isolation, and fear of death that pushes them to the extremes of introspection and emotional exploration. And in a beautifully futile gesture, they begin to rehearse a production of Shakespeare's King Lear, which helps pry open a few fragile psyches.
- DVD 5286
- Queen of the desert
- A true story of a trailblazing woman who found freedom in the faraway world of the Middle East. Gertrude Bell chafes against the stifling rigidity of life in turn-of-the-century England, leaving it behind for a chance to travel to Tehran. So begins her lifelong adventure across the Arab world, a journey marked by danger, a passionate affair with a British officer, and an encounter with the legendary T.E. Lawrence.
- DVD 12324