Films & Other Videos
Films with: Cai, Mingliang
- Dong the hole /
- Seven days into the 21st century the rain will not let up in Taiwan and a strange disease reaches epic proportions. Tenants of a run-down apartment refuse to leave. The plumber comes to fix a leak and instead leaves a gaping hole through which the tenant spies on his neighbor. Part of the 'Collection 2000' series, a group of films commissioned by French TV station La Sept ARTE on the subject of the millenium.
- DVD 12958
- Gu ling jie shao nian sha ren shi jian A brighter summer day /
- Set in the early sixties in Taiwan, it is based on the true story of a crime that rocked the nation. A film of both sprawling scope and tender intimacy, this novelistic, patiently observed epic centers on the gradual, inexorable fall of a young teenager.
- DVD 11680
- Hei yan guan I don't want to sleep alone /
- An erotic love triangle finds a young drifter who is beaten by thugs and rescued by an immigrant worker who nurses him back to health. The drifter develops a crush on a waitress and the three young people find love.
- DVD 9116
- Ni na bian ji dian What time is it there? /
- Hsiao Kang sells watches on the streets of Taipei for a living. Shortly after his father's death, he meets a young woman who leaves for Paris the next day. He sells her his own watch which has two dials so she can keep time with both Paris and Taipei. His brief encounter with the young woman makes him run around setting all the watches in Taipei to Paris time.
- DVD 4806
- Vive l'amour
- Bizzare love triangle in Taipei, Taiwan between a chic real estate agent, a street merchant, and the young gay man who spies on the couple's trysts.
- DVD 660