Films & Other Videos
Films with: Byker, Carl
- Great War and the shaping of the 20th century
- The Great War, the World War of 1914 to 1918, was the first major catastrophe of the 20th century. Never had so many nations taken up arms at a single time nor had the battlefield ever been so vast. Nearly everyone suffered and became a soldier in one way or another.
- DVD 12330
- Kingdom of David the saga of the Israelites /
- Tells the story of the Israelites and the creation of the world's first monotheistic religion.
- DVD 2319
- Life and death in assisted living
- Nearly 750,000 elderly Americans are spending their later years in for-profit assisted living facilities. This loosely regulated, multibillion-dollar industry is dominated by one company: Emeritus Senior Living. In a year-long investigation, Frontline and ProPublica raise questions about fatal lapses in care, understaffing, and a quest for profits.
- DVD 10302
- Woodrow Wilson
- Using photos, letters, newsreels, archival footage and beautifully filmed reenactments, this program tells the story of a professor who became one of America's greatest presidents. It's the tale of an emotionally complex man who craved affection and demanded unquestioned loyalty. And it's a fascinating portrait of a towering intellectual, one who appeared to espouse unwavering moral principles but who nonetheless shredded civil liberties during wartime and withheld support of civil rights and women's suffrage.
- DVD 6506