Films & Other Videos
Films with: Brill, Paul
- Full battle rattle
- "Before American soldiers are deployed to Iraq, they're given three weeks special training at the National Training Center on the Ft. Irwin Military Reservation, located in California's Mojave Desert. The National Training Center has constructed a simulated Iraqi village called Medina Wasl in the desert (one of thirteen such 'villages'), where new soldiers battle 'insurgents' (played by returning U.S. troops) and interact with 'ordinary citizens' (many portrayed by Iraqi exiles who've ended up in the United States) as they learn the ins and outs of combat in the Middle East. Full Battle Rattle offers a behind-the-scenes- look at Medina Wasl, the soldiers who learn there, the people who organize the war games, and the people who've been hired to play-act at being 'the enemy'"--Market Road Films website.
- DVD 7463
- Gideon's army
- Follows a group of public defenders as they work in the Deep South trying to defend their clients who have been charged with a variety of crimes. The attorneys speak about the stress and difficulties working with so many clients, with such limited funds and time to devote to all of them.
- DVD 10667
- Page one inside the New York times /
- This documentary chronicles the transformation of The New York Times newsroom and the inner workings of the Media Desk, as the Internet redefines the media industry by surpassing print as the main source of news. At the heart of the film is the burning question on the minds of everyone who cares about a rigorous American press, Times lover or not: what will happen if the fast-moving future of media leaves behind the fact-based, original reporting that helps to define our society? This up-close look at factors and actors that produce the "daily miracle" of a great news organization is a nuanced portrait of journalists continuing to produce extraordinary work under increasingly difficult circumstances.
- DVD 8746
- Sexy baby a documentary about sexiness & the cyber age /
- First documentary film to put faces to a seismic cultural shift : from runaway social media and "sexting" to raunchy songs on the radio and hardcore pornography at the click of a mouse, the cyber age is creating a new sexual landscape. Following a precocious 12-year-old girl living in New York City who spends hours on Facebook, a 22-year-old kindergarten teacher from North Carolina undergoing controversial surgery, and a 32-year-old former porn star moving into the next phase of her life.
- DVD 9921