Films & Other Videos
Films with: Brakhage, Stan
- Avant-garde. experimental cinema, 1928-1954 /
- A tribute to the Rohauer Collection, including works by Stan Brakhage and Willard Maas, and others. Films include Geography of the Body; The Potted Psalm; The Cage; Interim; Rebus-Film No. 1; and Pacific 231.
- DVD 5643
- By Brakhage an anthology /
- Twenty-six masterworks by Stan Brakhage.
- DVD 1984
- Free radicals a history of experimental film /
- "This feature-length documentary provides a vivid, eye-opening, and appropriately personal introduction to one of the most important, yet perpetually marginalized, realms of filmmaking: avant-garde cinema. Acheiving the near-impossible task of doing justice in a mere 82 minutes to this incredibly rich, varied, and expansive domain, FREE RADICALS is as expertly constructed an introduction to the topic as one could hope for, thanks in large part to the films privileging of rare interviews with some of the most important filmmakers in the avant-garde tradition (including Jonas Mekas, Peter Kubelka, Stan Brakhage, and Hans Richter), and its inclusion of several films in their entirety. The film's sincere admiration for its subject is best reflected by Chodorov's own description: "I wanted to share a few of the films I love and introduce you to some of the free, radical artists who made them"--Container.
- DVD 9571
- Vakvagany Dead end /
- Vakvagany is a film developed from archival home movie footage shot between 1948 and 1964 in and around Budapest, Hungary. The footage suggests unhealthy relations between the parents and the children and sparks questions about the father's job returning goods stolen from Jews during the war.
- DVD 3058