Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bragg, Melvyn
- Adventure of English the life story of a remarkable language /
- Melvyn Bragg and other experts explore the 1,500-year history of the English language and answer questions such as: How did it grow from a relatively insignificant Germanic dialect to become the premier language of culture, commerce, and diplomacy around the globe? Includes guide for group discussions, avenues for further learning, biographies, web extras, and much more.
- DVD 6818
- Alice Walker Possessing the secret of joy /
- Alice Walker talks about her novel "Possessing the secret of joy" which addresses issues of female genital mutilation, and social protest in Africa and America. Filmed segments, including archival film, illustrates some of the points made.
- DVD 2316
- Andy Warhol
- "Shows Warhol performing for the media in interviews ranging over 25 years and examines his artistic achievements in a career which spanned painting, film, publishing, rock music, and television. It includes extracts from films such as Chelsea girls, Lonesome cowboys and Women in revolt, archive material, newsreel footage and contributions from many of his closest associates and superstars including Ondine, Viva, John Giorno and Brigid Berlin."--Container.
- DVD 2000
- Ken Russell at the BBC /
- Elgar: A partly dramatized account of the life of classical composer Sir Edward Elgar. The Debussy film: An impression of the music and life of the French composer Claude Debussy. Always on Sunday: An interpretation of the life of French primitive painter Henri Douanier Rousseau. Isadora : the biggest dancer in the world: A dramatized biography of the American dancer Isadora Duncan. Dante's inferno: A film showing the private life of the emotional poet and painter Dante Gabriel Rossetti. Song of summer: A biography of the last five years of Frederick Delius, the blind and paralyzed composer.
- DVD 6644
- Music lovers
- About two ill-matched lovers in this divine bio-pic of the great musician Peter Tchaikovsky, a lavish film filled with brilliant Tchaikovsky music selections.
- DVD 9628