Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bradwell, Jen
- Follows New Orleans residents as they attempt the daunting task of trying to reunite with their pets, who have been adopted by families all over the country after Hurricane Katrina. Chronicles the custody battles that arise when two families love the same pet. Who determines the fate of the animals and the people involved? Examines how we treat animals as an extension of how we view and treat each other.
- DVD 8019
- Resilience the biology of stress & the science of hope /
- Researchers have recently discovered a dangerous biological syndrome caused by abuse and neglect during childhood. As the new documentary Resilience reveals, toxic stress can trigger hormones that wreak havoc on the brains and bodies of children, putting them at a greater risk for disease, homelessness, prison time, and early death. While the broader impacts of poverty worsen the risk, no segment of society is immune. Resilience, however, also chronicles the dawn of a movement that is determined to fight back. Trailblazers in pediatrics, education, and social welfare are using cutting-edge science and field-tested therapies to protect children from the insidious effects of toxic stress--and the dark legacy of a childhood that no child would choose.
- DVD 12446
- Something ventured risk, reward, and the original venture capitalists /
- "Something ventured tells the story of the creation of an industry that went on to become the greatest engine of innovation and economic growth in the 20th century. It is told by the visionary risk-takers who dared to make it happen: Tom Perkins, Don Valentine, Arthur Rock, Dick Kramlich and others. The film also includes some of our finest entrepreneurs sharing how they worked with these venture capitalists to grow world-class companies like Intel, Cisco, Atari, Genentech, Tandem and others"--Case.
- DVD 9406