Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bohringer, Romane
- Accompagnatrice The accompanist /
- An awkward young pianist sacrifices her own chance at happiness by living in the dark shadow cast by a collaborator and his unfaithful wife in Nazi-occupied Paris.
- DVD 12410
- Dogme 4.
- Follows the trials and tribulations of a busload of tourists who get stranded in an abandoned mining town in the middle of the African desert. After a fine bout of partying, they fall prey to the heat, isolation, and fear of death that pushes them to the extremes of introspection and emotional exploration. And in a beautifully futile gesture, they begin to rehearse a production of Shakespeare's King Lear, which helps pry open a few fragile psyches.
- DVD 5286
- Lili et le baobab
- Lili, a freelance photographer, is out of her element when she is assigned to photograph the remote village of Agnam, in the Senegalese Desert. After returning home, Lili hears that Aminata, a friend from the village, has just given birth to a baby boy. Enraged to learn that they will both be kicked out of the village because the baby is fatherless, she sets out to change local customers and find her own path in the process.
- DVD 9734
- Mina Tannenbaum
- Film that explores the humor, pain, and truths of female friendship. Mousy, introspective Mina and overweight, outgoing Ethel meet at age seven, and for the next 25 years their lives are intimately intertwined until they clash over their careers and the man they both want.
- DVD 12524
- Portraits chinois Shadowplay /
- An amusing look at a circle of friends in Paris and their romantic difficulties.
- DVD 3804