Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bluteau, Lothaire
- Pursued and captured by the Nazis because he is gay, Max is placed in a concentration camp where he pretends to be Jewish to avoid even worse persecution. There he meets another gay prisoner and learns a life-altering lesson about human love. Renowned British stage director Sean Mathias directs Martin Sherman's "powerful and provocative" screenplay about one man's struggle to maintain his dignity while imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp. Featuring exceptional performances by Lothaire Bluteau, Clive Owen, Brian Webber, Ian McKellen, and Mick Jaggar, Bent will "grab filmgoers by the heart" (Rex Reed)! Max is a handsome young man who, after a fateful tryst with a German soldier, is forced to run for his life. Pursued and captured, Max is placed in a concentration camp where he pretends to be Jewish, because in the eyes of the Nazis, gays are the lowest form of a human being. But it takes a forbidden relationship with an openly gay prisoner to teach Max that without the love of another, life is not worth living.--
- DVD 3734
- Black robe
- In the 17th century, Father Laforgue, a young Jesuit priest, is assigned to go up river into the Canadian wilderness to convert the Huron Indians. His young aide and translator, Daniel, falls in love with Annuka, the daughter of the Algonquin chief. Torn between his own desires and ideals of the priesthood, Laforgue's faith is tested, and his life and the outcome of the mission imperiled, as the expedition faces the elements and hostile Indians.
- DVD 2174
- An unforgettable and inspiring journey that takes a family from the center of crisis to the edge of salvation when a mother's faith and the hands of a healer are a young boy's only hope.
- DVD 3859
- I shot Andy Warhol
- A journey into the cultural whirlwind of events surrounding Valerie Solanas' shooting of pop-art superstar Andy Warhol.
- DVD 2002
- Jésus de Montréal Jesus of Montreal /
- A Montreal shrine seeks to inspire its congregants by modernizing its staging of the Passion play. A promising cast of vibrant young actors are signed on - one fresh from perfume commercials, another from the pornographic film industry, and another who had an affair with the basilica's priest - quickly drive the production on to become a smash hit. But as the play enjoys the success, the actors become more and more challenged to separate their real lives from their lives onstage.
- DVD 4599
- "Orlando, an English nobleman, defies the laws of nature with surprising results. Immortal and highly imaginative, he undergoes a series of extraordinary transformations that humorously, hauntingly illustrate the eternal war between the sexes."--Container.
- DVD 1301