Films & Other Videos
Films with: Berto, Juliet
- Céline et Julie vont en bateau Celine and Julie go boating : Phantom ladies over Paris /
- "Whiling away a summer in Paris, director Jacques Rivette, working in close collaboration with his stars and coconspirators Juliet Berto and Dominique Labourier, set out to rewrite the rules of cinema in the spirit of pure play--moviemaking as an anything-goes romp through the labyrinths of imagination. The result is one of the most exuberantly inventive and utterly enchanting films of the French New Wave, in which Julie (Labourier), a daydreaming librarian, meets Céline (Berto), an enigmatic magician, and together they become the heroines of a time-warping adventure involving a haunted house, psychotropic candy, and a murder-mystery melodrama. Incorporating allusions to everything from Lewis Carroll to Louis Feuillade, Céline and Julie Go Boating is both one of the all-time-great hangout comedies and a totally unique, enveloping cinematic dream space that delights in the endless pleasures and possibilities of stories"--Container.
- DVD 13428
- "Centres upon a small group of Parisian students who discuss the implications of the cultural revolution in China and how it may be possible to effect, by means of terrorism, a similar political and culutral upheaval in the West."--Container.
- DVD 4466
- Paris, 1967. Disillusioned by their suburban lifestyles, a group of middle-class students, led by Guillaume and Veronique, form a smal Maoist cell and plan to change the world by any means necessary. After studying the growth of communism in China, the students decide they must use terrorism and violence to ignite their own revolution.
- DVD 5849
- Jacques Rivette collection
- Duelle: The Queen of the Night battles the Queen of the Sun over a magical diamond that will allow the winner to remain on Earth, specifically in modern day Paris. Noroît: On an island beach a woman vows to avenge her brother's death at the hands of a pirate leader. With help, the woman spies on the pirates and then gets a job as bodyguard to the pirate leader. Merry-go-round: Elizabeth sends telegrams to her old boyfriend Ben in NYC and to her younger sister Leo in Rome to join her in Paris, where she is selling her dead father's estate. When Ben and Leo arrive, a mysterious adventure begins.
- DVD 13425
- Mr. Klein
- Set in Nazi-occupied France, 'Mr. Klein' is the riveting story of one man's search for another who shares his name, and who has stolen his identity.
- DVD 3010
- Out 1
- Out 1: four separate stories are intercut and eventually intermix involving the members of two theatrical troupes, stolen letters, blackmail, etc. The mysteries of Paris : Jacques Rivette's Out 1 revisited: a feature-length documentary by Robert Fischer and Wilfried Reichart, containing interviews with actors Bulle Ogier, Michael Lonsdale and Hermine Karagheuz, cinematographer Pierre-William Glenn, assistant director Jean-François Stévenin and producer Stéphane Tchalgadjieff, as well as rare archival interviews with actors Jacques Doniol-Valcroze and Michel Delahaye, and director Jacques Rivette.
- DVD 11715