Films & Other Videos
Films with: Benét, Stephen Vincent
- Devil and Daniel Webster
- Having promised his soul to the Devil in exchange for good fortune, Jabez Stone asks the talented lawyer Daniel Webster to get him out of the bargain.
- DVD 3213
- Our daily bread and other films of the Great Depression /
- Our daily bread: A depression-era drama in which a young couple leads a group of unemployed people in making a communal farm succeed. Includes a prologue to the movie by David Shepard. California election: Two fake newsreels used as conservative propaganda to paint the End Poverty in California's supporters as sluggardly, indecisive radicals as opposed to the respectable intelligent idealists of Republican incumbent Frank Merriam's camp. Secretly produced by MGM and Irving Thalberg. The plow that broke the plains. A visualization of the settlement and landscape changes to the Great Plains. The river: A record of the Mississippi River. Power and the land: Designed to convince American farmers of the necessity for rural electrification through farm cooperatives. Shows a dramatization of a family on an Ohio farm revealing the hardships of life on a non-electrical farm contrasted with the benefits brought by electricity. The new frontier: Shows how pioneers create a new community.
- DVD 1707
- Seven brides for seven brothers
- When the new bride of a roughneck Oregon pioneer finds she has to keep house for her husband's six rowdy brothers, she decides to groom them so that they can find brides of their own.
- DVD 632