Films & Other Videos
Films with: Beck, Chad
- (Dis)honesty the truth about lies /
- Explores the complex impact dishonesty has on our lives and everyday society. Interweaving groundbreaking experiments from celebrated behavioral economist Dan Ariely with personal stories from individuals affected by the unraveling of their lies, Ariely and a team of scientists uncover our propensity to be dishonest - sometimes even unknowingly. What's revealed is a fascinating look at the forces behind our collective behavior and the many truths behind lies.
- DVD 12043
- Inside job
- Provided is an analysis of the global financial crisis of 2008, which at a cost over $20 trillion, caused millions of people to lose their jobs and homes in the worst recession since the Great Depression, and nearly resulted in a global financial collapse. Through exhaustive research, and extensive interviews with key financial insiders, politicians, journalists, and academics, traces the rise of a rogue industry which has corrupted politics, regulation, and academia.
- DVD 8050
- Ivory tower
- Is college worth the cost? Groundbreaking filmmaker Andrew Rossi asks the critical question about the value of higher education, revealing how colleges have come to embrace a business model that often promotes expansion over quality learning. With student-loan debt now over the one trillion dollar mark, the once-great American institution is at a breaking point. The film explores the current education crisis from the halls of Harvard, to community colleges, to online learning.
- DVD 11087
- Park avenue money, power and the American dream - why poverty? /
- Looks at two very different Park Avenues in New York City to show how the extreme wealth of a few has created inequality for so many Americans.
- DVD 10648
- DVD 7073