Films & Other Videos
Films with: Beavan, Jenny
- Gathering storm
- In the mid-1930's the great politican and orator Winston Churchill was out of favor with the English people and struggling to make his voice heard. Wrestling with his personal demons, a lonely but defiant Churchill attempts to warn the world of the impending gloom surrounding Hitlers' Germany.
- DVD 2411
- Gosford Park
- Drama set at the country estate of Sir William McCordle in 1932, showing the lives of upstairs guests and downstairs servants at a hunting party weekend when one of the group is murdered.
- DVD 1547
- Mad Max.
- Max Rockatansky, haunted by his turbulent past, believes the best way to survive is to wander alone, but he becomes swept up with a group fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by an elite Imperator, Furiosa.
- DVD 11235
- E.M. Forrester's story of two Edwardian-era Cambridge graduates that fall in love, but must abide by British society's strict norms regarding homosexuality.
- DVD 3349
- Roland is an academic researcher who discovers some important letters written by a famous Victorian poet, Randolph Henry Ash. Ash was presumed to have been totally devoted to his wife, but Roland finds letters written to another unnamed woman, and soon determines that the intended recipient was another, less well-known poet, Christabel LaMotte. Roland contacts Maud, an expert on LaMotte's life and work. Despite her skepticism, the two begin to investigate, and uncover a wealth of information about the affair between the two poets.
- DVD 6338