Films & Other Videos
Films with: Beauvois, Xavier
- Adieux a la reine Farewell, my queen /
- Sidonie, who serves as reader to Marie Antoinette and displays a singular romantic devotion to the queen, witnesses the final days of the French Revolution from inside the walls of the Palace of Versailles. The film is seen from Sidonie's point of view, and the story takes place over the course of four days.
- DVD 9468
- Beau soleil intérieur Let the sunshine in /
- Two luminaries of French cinema, Claire Denis and Juliette Binoche, unite for the first time in this piercing look at the elusive nature of true love, and the extent to which we are willing to betray ourselves in its pursuit. The film finds bleak humor in a cutting truth: everyone is, no matter the age, a fool for love.
- DVD 13069
- Des hommes et des dieux Of gods and men /
- Eight French Christian monks live in harmony with their Muslim brothers in a monastery in the mountains of North Africa in the 1990's. When a crew of foreign workers are massacred by an Islamic fundamentalist group, fear sweeps though the region. The army offers them protection, but the monks refuse. Should they leave? Despite the growing menace in their midst, they slowly realize that they have no choice but to stay, come what may.
- DVD 8186
- Gardiennes The Guardians /
- An affecting human drama of love, loss, and strength unfolds against the backdrop of World War I. The women of the Paridier farm, under the deft hand of Hortense, the family's matriarch, must grapple with the workload while the men are off at the front. New tools allow the women to triumph over the land, newfound independence is acquired, yet emotions are stirred, especially when the men return.
- DVD 12817