Films & Other Videos
Films with: Beaufoy, Simon
- 127 hours
- The powerfully uplifting true story of one man's struggle to survive against mountainous odds. Aron Ralston has a passion for all things outdoors. But when a falling boulder traps him in a remote Utah canyon, a thrill-seeker's adventure becomes the challenge of a lifetime. Over the next five days, Ralston embarks on a remarkable personal journey in which he relies on the memories of family and friends as well as his own courage and ingenuity to turn adversity into triumph!
- DVD 8037
- Battle of the sexes
- In the wake of the sexual revolution and the rise of the women's movement, the 1973 tennis match between women's world champion Billie Jean King and ex-men's-champ and serial hustler Bobby Riggs became one of the most watched televised sports events of all time, reaching 90 million viewers around the world. As the rivalry between King and Riggs kicked into high gear, off-court each was fighting more personal and complex battles.
- DVD 12540
- Hunger games.
- Home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta must turn around and embark on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts, where they sense that a rebellion is simmering, and probably sparked by Katniss. The Capitol proves they are very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games: an anniversary competition that will draw contestants from previous victors, a condition that leaves District 12 with very few options.
- DVD 10282
- Miss Pettigrew lives for a day
- In 1939 London, Miss Guinevere Pettigrew is a middle-aged governess who finds herself once again unfairly dismissed from her job. Now she must seize the day if she wants a job. She does this by intercepting an employment assignment outside of her comfort level as social secretary. Arriving at a penthouse apartment for the interview, Miss Pettigrew is catapulted into the glamorous world and dizzying social whirl of an American actress and singer, Delysia Lafosse. Suddenly, Miss Pettigrew finds herself swept into the world of high society. Within hours she is living it up. Taking the social secretary designation to heart, she tries to help her new friend Delysia navigate both a love life and career. This is complicated by the three men in Delysias life: devoted pianist Michael, intimidating nightclub owner Nick, and impressionable junior impresario Phil. Miss Pettigrew herself is unexpectedly drawn to the gallant Joe, a successful designer who is tenuously engaged to haughty fashion maven Edythe - the one person who senses that the new social secretary may be out of her element and schemes to undermine her. Over the next 24 hours, Guinevere and Delysia will empower each other to discover their romantic destinies.
- DVD 6748
- Salmon fishing in The Yemen
- A London fisheries expert is approached by a consultant to help realize a sheik's vision of bringing the sport of fly-fishing to the desert and embarks on an upstream journey of faith and fish to prove the impossible possible.
- DVD 9040
- Slumdog millionaire
- Jamal Malik is an 18 year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai. With the whole nation watching, he is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" When the show breaks for the night, police arrest him on suspicion of cheating. Desperate to prove his innocence, Jamal tells the story of his life in the slum where he and his brother grew up. He describes their adventures together on the road, of vicious encounters with local gangs, and of Latika, the girl he loved and lost. Every chapter of his story reveals the key to the answer to one of the game show's questions. Jamal's increasingly layered story reveals where he learned the answers to the show's seemingly impossible questions. When the new day dawns and Jamal returns to answer the final question, the Inspector and sixty million viewers watch to find out if he can answer the question of how anyone comes to know the things they know about life and love.
- DVD 6415