Films & Other Videos
Films with: Barton, Nathalie
- Haiti in all our dreams Haïti dans tous nos rêves /
- Driven into exile by the Duvalier dictatorship in 1959, Haiti's great poet René Depestre finally settles in France to write of the Haiti of his dreams. One day his niece Michaëlle Jean comes to tell him Haiti awaits his return.
- DVD 8480
- Salam Iran namahi-i Parsi = Salam Iran : a persian letter /
- Filmmaker Jean-Daniel Lafond is captivated by Amir M. Massumi's story of escape from Iran as an agitator for democracy in 1983. He decides to discover for himself the complexities of a struggling country under the yoke of Ayotolloh Khomeini's legacy. In Iran, he interviews a female vice president of the Republic who voices her disapproval of Western values, an academic who is prohibited from teaching because of his views, and a news dealer who complains of censorship of the liberal press. After struggling with visa entanglements, Massumi joins the filmmaker and visits his mother for the first time in nearly twenty years.
- DVD 4890
- Sand wars
- Sand Wars is a surprising investigation into one of the most consumed and stolen natural resources on the planet. The planet's sand reserves are being threatened, with three-quarters of the world's beaches in decline as victims of erosion or "sand mafias." But what will be the consequences of sand extraction on the environment and life on the planet?
- DVD 13414