Films & Other Videos
Films with: Barreveld, Ed
- Aftermath the remnants of war /
- Exposes the environmental and psychological damage which remains after the fighting stops and the troops leave. Features interviews with individuals who destroy unexploded munitions in Verdun, France and Sarajevo, Bosnia, recover and identify skeletons from a battlefield in Stalingrad, Russia and help victims of Agent Orange in the Aluoi Valley in Vietnam.
- DVD 2777
- It's a teen's world wired for sex, lies and power trips /
- This film examines the culture of sexual harassment and bullying widespread among many teens today. The price that adolescents, especially girls, pay to be cool, hip and popular in our brave new wired world is shared by three different groups of culturally diverse teenagers.
- DVD 7575
- My toxic baby
- "This eye-opening yet often amusing documentary records the filmmaker's quest for safe, sane and affordable ways to raise her child in a world embedded with toxic threats and still lead a normal life."-- website.
- DVD 7574
- Shadow girl
- Shadow girl is the extraordinary story of a filmmaker struggling with the prospect of losing her vision. While editing her last film in Toronto, Chilean-born filmmaker María Teresa Larraín suddenly begins to go blind. After she's denied disability benefits by the Canadian government, she returns home to Chile. There, inspired by the resilience and wisdom of the blind street vendor she meets, María Teresa confronts her fears and steps courageously into her new life while reclaiming her dignity and her voice as an artist. This powerful and poetic film raises complex questions about art and "vision", able and dis-abled, and poverty and privilege.--Container.
- DVD 12515