Films & Other Videos
Films with: Baichwal, Jennifer
- Capturing reality the art of documentary = L'art du réel : le cinéma documentaire /
- An exploration of the complex creative process that goes into making documentary films. Features interviews with 38 directors and 163 clips of scenes from classic films plus a bonus disc with over four hours of additional filmmaker interviews.
- DVD 7059
- Edward Burtynsky manufactured landscapes /
- Follows photographer Edward Burtynsky as he travels through China photographing the effects of that country's massive industrial revolution.
- DVD 5226
- Let it come down the life of Paul Bowles /
- In a series of interviews, Paul Bowles and other writers discuss his life, loves and work.
- DVD 2824
- Fascinating look at debt as a mental construct and traces how it influences relationships, societies and governing structures.
- DVD 9294
- True meaning of pictures Shelby Lee Adams' Appalachia /
- Shelby Lee Adams has been photographing the eastern Kentucky Appalachian mountain people for thirty years, and been both praised and derided for his portraits of impoverished Appalachian families. Accused of perpetuating stereotypes, Adams is said to exploit his subjects; this documentary explores the controversy. The director allows Adams, his critics and the subjects of his work to speak their minds.
- DVD 4292
- Following their success with Manufactured Landscapes, photographer Edward Burtynsky and filmmaker Jennifer Baichwal reunite to explore the ways in which humanity has shaped, manipulated and depleted one of its most vital and compromised resources: water.
- DVD 254