Films & Other Videos
Films with: Bachchan, Amitabh
- Amar, Akbar, Anthony Amara, Akabara Enthonī /
- Lavish action-filled account of the separation, separate lives, and eventual reunion of three brothers: one raised by a Hindu policeman, one raised by a Muslim tailor, and one raised by a Catholic priest.
- DVD 3776
- This film is about two brothers, one a cop and the other a criminal. The brothers share a mutual adoration for their mother and though they care for each other end up at odds due to their respective roles.
- DVD 5835
- Gurukul is a private boys' school whose principal demands strict adherence to rules and traditions from his faculty and students, with immediate expulsion for any non-compliance. Karan, Sameer and Ricki are room-mates and best buddies who question this inflexible authority. Their young, handsome and sympathetic music teacher Raj Aryan is on their side in a crusade to humanize the bootcamp spirit of Gurukul.
- DVD 3803
- Shatranj ke khilari Chess players /
- This drama about colonialism and indigenous culture is set in 1856 at the court of Wajid Ali Shah in Lucknow, the capital of Oudh. Features two parallel narratives. The first shows rich landowners Meer and Mirza pour every ounce of passion into a never-ending game of chess. Without thinking of their responsibilities to their families and the political uprising in the kingdom, the two men just keep playing. The second narrative dramatises the conflict between Wajid Ali Shah and General James Outram who represents Lord Dalhousie's treacherously implemented annexation policies. Wajid Ali is shown as a politically weak figure who surrenders to the British without a fight.
- DVD 4252
- In this film, India's best-known "curry" western, two small-time crooks are hired by an ex-cop, Thakur, to stop the tyranny of Gabbar Singh who massacred Thakur's family. It is also the story of a village that realizes non-violence does not mean cowardice, but that it can stand up to terror and lawlessness.
- DVD 3751