Films & Other Videos
Films with: Auric, Georges
- A nous la liberté
- A satire on factory life centering on the activities of a couple of ex-prisoners, one of whom, an ambitious crook, becomes the boss of a large factory while the other, a sentimental old tramp, becomes a worker there. Eventually both discover that happiness and peace of mind cannot be bought with money and revert to their former life as vagabonds. This film inspired Charlie Chaplin's Modern times.
- DVD 1627
- Beauty and the beast La belle et la bête /
- Dramatized adaptation of the classic fairy tale. Tells the fable of the kindly beast and the self-sacrificing beauty whose love releases the prince in him. Contains such visual displays as tears that become real diamonds and walls that grow arms to light Beauty's path through the castle of the Beast.
- DVD 775
- Bernard Shaw's Caesar and Cleopatra
- Experience a lavish epic about love and politics in ancient Rome and Egypt.
- DVD 8903
- Du rififi chez les hommes Rififi /
- A story of a successful jewel robbery in which the four thieves betray each other.
- DVD 1408
- Roman holiday
- A princess rebels against her royal obligations and explores Rome on her own. She meets an American newspaperman who, seeking an exclusive story, pretends ignorance of her identity. But his plan falters as they fall in love.
- DVD 3278