Films & Other Videos
Films with: August, Bille
- Bille August's Twist + shout Zappa /
- Twist and Shout is a gripping, sexy coming-of-age story in which four teenagers find love and heartbreak during the height of Beatlemania in 1960s Denmark. Zappa, the prelude to Twist and Shout, is the story of three teenagers in 1960s Copenhagen.
- DVD 3135
- Color of freedom
- James Gregory is a racist South African guard whose certainties of life are shaken to the core. During a twenty year span, James spent his time as Nelson Mandela's prison warden. Shows the daily application of a major historic abonimation, known as Apartheid, as seen through the eyes of the average White South African. These are 'ordinary' people who are neither heroes nor villains, but obtuse conformists. The violence of the system on its white citizens was considerably more hidden than on its black ones, but it was violence all the same. White's were obligated to remain as ignorant as possible or be persecuted by the status quo.
- DVD 6004
- DVD 13
- Pelle erobreren Pelle the conqueror /
- A boat filled with Swedish immigrants comes to the Danish island of Bornholm at the end of the 19th Century. Lasse and his son Pelle find work on a farm, but are treated very poorly. Pelle is determined to make a better life.
- DVD 4214
- Säng för Martin a song for Martin /
- In midlife, two soul mates finally meet, and their passion is fueled by their duel love of music. Martin is a famous composer-conductor and Barbara is a gifted violinist. Abandoning their lackluster lives they plunge into a new and exciting world. When their blissful existence is threatened, Barbara is courageously determined to prove that love conquers all.
- DVD 7737