Films & Other Videos
Films with: Atwood, Margaret
- Bill Moyers on faith & reason.
- "Can spirituality, compassion, and emotional honesty survive in the face of oppression and religious fundamentalism? Canadian author Margaret Atwood ... speaks to Bill Moyers about agnosticism, the hunger for meaning, and the distinction between belief and knowledge"--Container.
- DVD 6306
- Handmaid's tale
- In the not-so-distant future, strong-willed and beautiful Kate possesses a precious commodity that most women have lost and most men want to control: fertility. Forced into a brain-washing boot camp that turns fertile women into surrogate mothers for social-elite men and their infertile wives, Kate thinks she's made out well when she's assigned to an eminent party leader. But when she learns that he's sterile, she's faced with an impossible choice: produce him an heir or die.
- DVD 12239
- Fascinating look at debt as a mental construct and traces how it influences relationships, societies and governing structures.
- DVD 9294
- Surviving progress
- Technological advancement, economic development, population increase - are they signs of a thriving society, or too much of a good thing? Executive produced by Martin Scorsese, 'Surviving Progress' is a provocative documentary that explores the concept of progress in the modern world, guiding through the major 'progress traps' facing civilization in the arenas of technology, economics, consumption, and the environment.
- DVD 9671