Films & Other Videos
Films with: Asquith, Anthony
- Browning version
- A moving drama about an aging English schoolmaster who comes to grips with his personal and professional failures.
- DVD 3723
- Cottage on Dartmoor
- A tense, shocking thriller that evokes the early films of Alfred Hitchcock and the masterworks of Russian and German silent cinema. It opens with the escape of a prisoner from Dartmoor prison, and flashes back to show how a love triangle led him to jail. A perfect companion to Dartmoor is Silent Britain, a feature-length documentary of the golden age of British filmmaking. The first documentary to celebrate the visionary filmmakers and the unsung stars of Britain's own Cinema, Silent Britain is fully illustrated throughout with film clips, from a British comedy in 1898 to Britain's first talkie in 1929.
- DVD 6983
- A beautiful, spoiled heiress has everything money can buy, except a husband. After a disastrous first marriage, she sets her sights on a dedicated but poor Indian doctor who has saved her from suicide.
- DVD 878
- Professor Henry Higgins works to make a pretty flower girl into a young lady of society.
- DVD 1594
- Elite passengers waiting for London-to-U.S. flights get fogged in, and have to deal with their problems rather than run from them.
- DVD 5871