Films & Other Videos
Films with: Armitage, Richard
- Captain America the first avenger /
- March, 1942. 90-pound weakling Steve Rogers doggedly attempts to enlist in the army, only to be repeatedly classified 4F. Rogers' determination and decency come to the attention of Dr. Abraham Erskine of the Strategic Scientific Reserve. Rogers is the first test subject for Erskine's super-soldier serum, which transforms him utterly. When the program is abruptly ended, Rogers becomes Captain America--touring America to sell war bonds. On a USO tour in Europe, Rogers steals the first opportunity to demonstrate his worth by tangling with Johann Schmidt, a.k.a. the Red Skull, head of Hydra, Hitler's occult research and development unit. Schmidt has discovered the tesseract cube, an enormously powerful relic of Norse mythology through which he seeks to conquer the world. Assisted by Colonel Chester Phillips, Peggy Carter, weapons contractor Howard Stark, childhood friend Bucky Barnes, and Dum Dum Doogan and his howling commandos, Steve Rogers becomes more than a propaganda tool, emerging as the true Captain America.
- DVD 8999
- Hobbit an unexpected journey /
- The first chapter in Peter Jackson's new epic trilogy set in Middle Earth 60 years before J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the rings saga. Follow Bilbo Baggins as he's swept into a quest to reclaim the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached by the wizard Gandalf, Bilbo joins a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakenshield. Along the way they face many dangers; Bilbo meets Gollum and takes possession of the 'One ring.' Includes bonus features.
- DVD 9543
- Hobbit the battle of the five armies /
- The epic conclusion to the adventures of Bilbo Baggins. The dragon Smaug rains his fiery wrath down upon the defenseless men, women, and children of Lake-town. Obsessed above all else with his reclaimed treasure, Thorin sacrifices friendship and honor to hoard it as Bilbo attempts to make him see reason.
- DVD 11592
- Bilbo Baggins continues on in his journey with the wizard Gandalf and thirteen dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield, on an epic quest to reclaim their lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.
- DVD 10344
- North & South
- When the privileged Margaret Hale's father uproots the family to take work in the northern mill town of Milton, she is shocked by the dirt and gruffness of the people. But she reserves her highest contempt for the charismatic mill-owner John Thornton.
- DVD 6464
- Shakespeare retold
- Macbeth is the chef in a 3-star restaurant; Beatrice and Benedict are rival co-anchors; Titania and Bottom carouse in a tawdry theme resort; and Petruchio sets out to tame the conservative Kate in a politically incorrect marriage of convenience.
- DVD 7584