Films & Other Videos
Films with: Annaud, Jean-Jacques
- Black and white in color
- An irrepressible and timely satire on racism, colonialism, and war. Set in the Ivory Coast during the First World War, a group of French colonials learn that their country is at war with Germany. Spurred on by a capricious moment of patriotism, the Frenchmen decide to attack their German neighbors who reside in a colony up the river.
- DVD 1919
- Enemy at the gates
- Based on the true story of WWII Russian hero Vassili Zaitsev whose fame thrust him into a personal war with the Nazis best sharpshooter, Major Erwin Konig.
- DVD 9243
- A poor French teenager embarks on a love affair with a wealthy Chinese man in 1929 French colonial Vietnam, defying the boundaries of age, race and class.
- DVD 3911
- Name of the rose
- Investigating the deaths of two monks, a visiting brother discovers a secret library containing rare books considered lost to the world and dangerous to the Catholic faith.
- DVD 7046
- Seven years in Tibet
- Heinrich Harrer is an Austrian national and a Nazi sympathizer. He leaves Austria in 1939 to climb a mountain in the Himalayas. Through a series of circumstances (including POW camp), he and fellow climber Peter Aufschnaiter become the only two foreigners in the Tibetan holy city of Lhasa. There, Heinrich's life changes forever as he becomes a close confidant to the Dalai Lama.
- DVD 3111
- Two brothers
- Two mischievious twin tiger cubs are born in the jungle but are soon separated and taken into captivity. One is sold off to the circus and the other becomes the pampered pet of the governor's son. They are reunited years later by an explorer who trains them to be sport fighters and inadvertently forces them to fight each other.
- DVD 3523