Films & Other Videos
Films with: Anker, Daniel
- Imaginary witness Hollywood and the Holocaust /
- This documentary examines the American film and television industry's response to the rise of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi persecution of the Jews before, during, and after World War II. Uses film clips, newsreel footage and interviews of filmmakers and Holocaust survivors.
- DVD 6697
- Music from the inside out
- An exploration of the magic and mystery of music through the stories, passions, and artistry of the 105 musicians of the Philadelphia Orchestra. Filmed over a period of five years on three continents, the main character of this film is "Music" itself. Incorporating a blend of well-loved musical works--including classical, jazz, bluegrass, salsa, and world music the film features one of the most eclectic soundtracks of any recent documentary.
- DVD 6589
- Scottsboro an American tragedy /
- "In March 1931, two white women stepped from a boxcar in Paint Rock, Alabama to make a shocking accusation: they had been raped by nine black teenagers on the train. So began one of the most significant legal fights of the twentieth century. The trials of the nine young men would draw North and South into their sharpest conflict since the Civil War, yield two momentous Supreme Court decisions and give birth to the civil rights movement."--Container.
- DVD 9689