Films & Other Videos
Films with: Angelou, Maya
- As seen through these eyes
- The story of a brave group of people who fought Hitler with the only weapons they had: charcoal, pencil stubs, shreds of paper, and memories etched in their minds. These artists took their fate into their own hands to make a compelling statement about the human spirit enduring against unimaginable odds.
- DVD 7818
- Black candle
- A documentary about the struggle and triumph of African-American family, community, and culture.
- DVD 6170
- Maya Angelou And Still I Rise /
- "Poet, storyteller, actress, dancer, and passionate activist Maya Angelou gave people the freedom to think about their history in a way they never had before. Hers was a prolific life in which she inspired generations with lyrical modern African-American thought that pushed boundaries. This unprecedented film celebrates Dr. Angelou by weaving her words with rare and intimate archival photographs and videos that show her impact on the world. From her upbringing in the Depression-era South to her work with Malcolm X in Ghana to her inaugural speech for President Bill Clinton, the film takes us on an incredible journey through the life of a true American icon"--From container.
- DVD 11946
- Poetic justice
- A mismatched pair pushed together on a road trip from South Central L.A. to Oakland find themselves reluctantly attracted to each other, when they are confronted once again by the shocking violence they thought they'd left behind.
- DVD 2164