Films & Other Videos
Films with: Andersson, Harriet
- Grace arrives in the isolated town of Dogville, on the run from gangsters. The townspeople agree to hide her. However, when outsiders start looking for the fugitive, the locals make demands of Grace in exchange for the risk of harboring her. But Grace has a secret and its a dangerous one. Dogville may regret it ever decided to bare its teeth.
- DVD 3207
- Fanny och Alexander Fanny & Alexander /
- Told through the eyes of Alexander and his sister Fanny, we see the exuberant and colorful Ekdahl household in a Swedish town early in the twentieth century. Their parents, Oscar and Emilie, are the director and the leading lady of the local theatre company. Oscar's mother and brother are its chief patrons. After Oscar's early death, his widow marries the bishop and moves with her children to his austere and forbidding chancery. The children are immediately miserable, but befriend a local Jewish merchant whose odd household becomes the children's refuge.
- DVD 3366
- Såsom i en spegel Through a glass darkly /
- "While vacationing on a remote island retreat, a family's already fragile ties are tested when Karin discovers her father has been using her schizophrenia for his own literary means. As she drifts in and out of lucidity, her father, husband, and younger brother are unable to prevent Karin's harrowing descent into the abyss of mental illness."--Container.
- DVD 3637
- Sommarnattens leende Smiles of a summer night /
- A sharp satire about eight Swedish aristocrats who become romantically and comically intertwined over a single weekend. Includes Director approved special edition features.
- DVD 3398
- Viskningar och rop Cries and whispers /
- Tells the story of three sisters, one of whom is dying of cancer, and their housekeeper all of whom are searching for sprirtual peace in a world that seems to offer only disorder and despair.
- DVD 1588